Total Pageviews

Friday 19 April 2013

I.B.S (2013).






Poor Larry. He just doesn't seem to be able to catch a break. He spends his days locked in his room, while his roommate parties his life away. Larry wishes he could party like his roommate, but he suffers from intense Irritable Bowel Syndrome. But one day at work, a mishap helps him discover that murder seems to cure his I.B.S. This is the story of the great lengths Larry will go to in an attempt to live a happy life.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. Mike O'Mahoney is a seriously talented individual. This movie takes every ingredient that worked in his other movies, but also adds a real emotional quality, loveable characters and even more insane situations to the mix.

You really do feel for Larry, and when he realizes what cures him, he goes way off the edge in a spectacularly macabre and violent fashion. Mike O'Mahoney certainly knows his audience, and gives the viewer masses of naked flesh, gore and hilariously cringe worthy comedy.

I really enjoyed I.B.S. Probably even more so than Deadly Detour or Sloppy the Psychotic. I love both of the aforementioned movies, but it felt like I.B.S had something else. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but whatever it is it's magical. Maybe it was the way the characters played off each other, or the way Larry is a sympathetic character in a downward spiral.

Probably my favorite scene is when Larry finds an ingenious way of using a chainsaw. I'm not about to give anything away, but believe me it had me cringing and laughing at the same time. One thing I can guarantee is that this movie will have you rolling around on the floor, shocked into hysterics and wincing at the gory murders. What more could the discerning horror fan ask for from a movie??

You have all got to keep an eye on Mike O'Mahoney. Every one of his movies has been an improvement over the last one, and that is no small feat considering every one of his movies are amazing. Check out I.B.S as soon as you can! You won't be disappointed. And you never know, maybe if you suffer from I.B.S too, Mike O'Mahoney might have just found a cure!!



No comments:

Post a Comment