Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 April 2013

Necronos: Tower of Doom (2010)

I am a huge fan of German splatter movies. I have been watching films by Olaf Ittenbach and Andreas Schnass for many years. Well now there is a new name to add to the list of the German splatter gods. Marc Rohnstock. Necronos: Tower of Doom is full of gore, blood and many other sickening acts.

Necronos is one of the mightiest minions of Satan himself, and he has come to earth to create an army of the undead under the leadership of barbaric demons called Berzerkers. To achieve this, Necronos needs macabre and hard to come by ingredients, so The Devil sends him two assistants to help him achieve thier goal. These assistants are Goran, a blood demon, and The Mighty Witch, who will both help to locate The Chosen One, who is a virgin witch.





I had to watch this movie again and again, just to make sure I was picking everything up. The movie contains so much blood and gore, the screen was awash with red for the entirety of the movie, and the running time is a little over two hours!

It never gets boring, and even though the opening is slightly convoluted, when the movie gets going, it doesn't let up for a second. Bodies are broken, hacked, and fed into an industrial sized smoothie maker (for want of a better description). The make up is awesome, with Goran looking like something out of a Fulci movie. The gore is never ending, there is never a minute go by that doesn't feature a splash of blood!




Now I know what you are thinking. Gore doesn't make a movie. Well, fortunately, this movie has an amazing story too, and while the movie will never be held by anyone as a definitive horror film (I just didn't find anything about it scary, but I really don't think that was the point) it sure as hell manages to show really evil characters getting up to really evil things!



If you are a fan of the above German directors I have mentioned, and want to see things that push the envelope even more than Schnass and Ittenbach did, then be sure to check out Necronos: Tower of Doom. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

I understand that Troma are releasing this movie, so check out the Troma website by clicking HERE.

Darkest regards......Dani.

1 comment:

  1. Well Im sold! And this is a whole new world to me. I havent watched a new German movie since the 80s.

    ReplyDelete